User privacy is important to Indie Measure and Indie Measure has taken steps to ensure that Indie Measure does not collect more information from the User than is necessary for Indie Measure to provide the User(s) with Indie Measure’s services and to protect User account.
Information including, but not limited to, User name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, etc., gender, date and/or year of birth, and user preferences (“Registration Information”) may be collected at the time of User registration on the Platform.
In connection with any communication or transaction and payment services or any other services that you may avail using the Platform, information, including but not limited to, bank account numbers, billing and delivery information, credit/debit card numbers and expiration dates and tracking information from cheques or money orders (“Account Information”) may be collected, among other things, to facilitate the sale and purchase as well as the settlement of purchase price of the products or services transacted on or procured through the Platform.
Indie Measure record and retain details of Users’ activities on the Platform. Information relating to communication or transactions including, but not limited to, the types and specifications of the goods, pricing and delivery information, any dispute records and any information disclosed in any communication forum provided by us and/or other affiliated companies of Indie Measure (“Activities Information”) may be collected as and when the communication and/or transactions are conducted through the Platform.
Indie Measure record and retain records of Users’ browsing or buying activities on Platform including but not limited to IP addresses, browsing patterns and User behavioral patterns. In addition, we gather statistical information about the Platform and visitors to the Platform including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors (together “Browsing Information”).
Registration Information, Account Information, Activities Information, and Browsing Information are collectively referred to as Personal Data.
It is mandatory for Users of the Platform to provide certain categories of Personal Data (as specified at the time of collection). In the event that Users do not provide any or sufficient Personal Data marked as mandatory, Indie Measure may not be able to complete the registration process or provide such Users with Indie Measure’s products or services.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
If you provide any Personal Data to Indie Measure, you are deemed to have authorized Indie Measure to collect, retain and use that Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Verification of User’s identity;
- processing User’s registration as a user, providing User with a log-in ID for the Platform and maintaining and managing User’s registration;
- providing User with customer service and responding to User(s) queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
- to facilitate communication between Users on the Platform and / or processing Users transactions on the Platform;
- performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of the Platform, to improve Indie Measure’s product offerings and services and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- subject to applicable law, Indie Measure (including our affiliated companies and their designated Service Providers may use User’s name, phone number, residential address, email address, fax number and other data (“Marketing Data”) to provide notices, surveys, product alerts, communications and other marketing materials to User(s) relating to products and services offered by Indie Measure or Indie Measure’s affiliated companies;
- if User voluntarily submit User information or other information to the Platform for publication on the Platform through the publishing tools, then Users are deemed to have given consent to the publication of such information on the Platform; and
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law, regulations and guidelines or in respect of any investigations, claims or potential claims brought on or against us or against third parties.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- User further agrees that Indie Measure may disclose and transfer User’s Personal Data to third party service providers (including but not limited to data entry, database management, promotions, products and services alerts, delivery services, payment extension services, authentication and verification services and logistics services) (“Service Providers”). These Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to Indie Measure and are only permitted to use Users Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified in clause 2 herein above.
- User(s) agree that Indie Measure may disclose and transfer User(s) Personal Data to Indie Measure’s affiliated companies and/or their designated Service Providers.
- When necessary Indie Measure may also disclose and transfer User’s Personal Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organizations.
- Any Personal Data supplied by User will be retained by Indie Measure and will be accessible by our employees, any Service Providers engaged by Indie Measure and third parties referred to in clause 3 herein, for or in relation to any of the purposes stated in Clause 2 herein above.
- All voluntary information may be made publicly available on the Platform and therefore accessible by any internet user. Any voluntary information that User disclose to Indie Measure becomes public information and User relinquish any proprietary rights (including but not limited to the rights of confidentiality and copyright) in such information. User should exercise caution when deciding to include personal or proprietary information in the voluntary information that User submit to Indie Measure.
- Indie Measure may share User’s Personal Data with third parties, including without limitation, banks, financial institutions, credit agencies, or vendors to enable such third parties to offer their products or services to such Users. While Indie Measure shall endeavour to have in place internal procedures to keep User’s Personal Data secure from intruders, there is no guarantee that such measures/procedures can eliminate all of the risks of theft, loss or misuse.
- RIGHT TO UDATE PERSONAL DATA
Under the applicable laws, Users have the right of access to personal information held by Indie Measure and to request updating / correcting the information.
Indie Measure uses “cookies” to store specific information about the User and track User(s) visits to the Sites. A “cookie” is a small amount of data that is sent to the User’s browser and stored on the User’s device. If the User does not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time User uses the same device to access the Platform, our services will be notified of a User visit to the Platform and in turn, Indie Measure may have knowledge of User visit and the pattern of User’s usage.
Users can determine if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring the browser which is installed on the User’s device. If the User chooses, the User can change those configurations. If the User rejects all cookies by choosing the cookie-disabling function, the User may be required to re-enter information on the Platform more often and certain features of the Platform may be unavailable.
The Platform and its contents are not targeted to minors (those under the age of 18). However, Indie Measure has no way of distinguishing the age of individuals who access our Platform. If a minor has provided Indie Measure with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact Indie Measure at the address mentioned on the website to remove the information.
- SECURITY MEASURES
Indie Measure employ commercially reasonable security methods to prevent unauthorized access to the Platform, to maintain data accuracy and to ensure the correct use of the information Indie Measure hold. No data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while Indie Measure try to protect the information Indie Measure hold, Indie Measure cannot guarantee the security of any information User transmit to Indie Measure and Users do so at their own risk.